It had been a long time since I read a book and felt that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you realise you’ve fallen in love with a book. To Get Me Out of my Slump, I picked up one of my favourite books of all time and fell in love with reading all over again. Just to make sure the enthusiasm sticks I am currently reading the second book in the series.
If you’re wondering what book I am referring to; its Winters Heat by Denise Domning. I have found the entire Seasons Series by Denise Domning fascinating and have lapped up all the books.
Going forward, I want to bring a new strategy to my reading in 2018. Instead of randomly reading anything and everything, I will segment the books into categories of interest. I’m not saying I won’t go beyond the categories but this will at least keep me focused and going.
I am so excited to get back to reading and I want to share my 2018 reading list per category. I will share book reviews on books I found completely amazing 🙂
Faith and Spirituality
- Finish Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson – I really am loving this book, I just feel like they are stories you read when you need motivation to follow your dreams. The book is full of amazing stories that talk to Chasing Those Big Hairy Audacious Dreams
- Unthink: And How to Harness the Power of Your Unconscious by Chris Paley
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
Motivational / Self Help and Business
- Full Circle by John Maclean – Received this book from my Dimension Data days, John is a dimension Data ambassador and we received the books for us to read his amazing story.
- This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare
- I’m A Different Mess Than I Was Yesterday by Msizi E. Nkosi – I Had the opportunity meet Msizi at an event last year where extraordinary people their life story.
- Equal But Different by Dr. Judy Dlamini
- Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter – This series was recommended to me by my friend and the raves have gotten me completely excited. The series has 11 books in total.
- The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels by Philippa Gregory – Firstly, because I love historical romance and secondly, it’s fictional. In total, there are 15 books to read and the first to be written was The Other Boleyn Girl which I received as a gift my siblings. After much reading, it has been determined that the books should be read in a different order to the published date. Click here and access the reading list order.
- To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer
So excited to get started. Likewise, find the right book and happy reading! If you have any recommendations please share them in the comments below.